Preparing for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist
Inviting all children and their parents into a life-long relationship of discipleship with Jesus Christ.
Online registrations are now open! Please see form below.
As we transition as a family of parishes community, we look forward to the opportunities for faith formation for children and their families, to know Jesus, to grow in faith and to have Jesus at the centre of their lives. We want to invite not only the child preparing for the sacrament but the parents and the family into a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ!
We know that as Catholic parents we are called to be the first teachers of faith to our children. Our goal is to support you, our families, in your journey to become the best possible version of yourselves. Pope Paul VI outlines an ambitious yet attainable goal for the family:
“The family, like the Church, ought to be a place where the Gospel is transmitted and from which the Gospel radiates. In a family which is conscious of this mission, all the members evangelize and are evangelized. The parents not only communicate the Gospel to their children, but from their children they can themselves receive the same Gospel as deeply lived by them. And such a family becomes the evangelizer of many other families, and of the neighborhood of which it forms part.”– Pope Paul VI
Below you will find our dates for parent meetings in the Fall, which will be hosted at both St. Patrick, Lucan and Holy Family, London to accommodate the needs of our families.
PARENT INFORMATION MEETINGS:
St. Patrick, Lucan
- Thursday September 22nd at 7 PM
Holy Family, London
- Sunday September 11th at 12:30 PM or Thursday September 15th at 6:30 PM
2022 / 2023 Schedule for: First Reconciliation and First Communion
In cooperation with this vision, sacramental preparation for the 2022-2023 season includes:
- We will be using a resource for sacramental preparation entitled Blessed! by Dynamic Catholic
- Opportunities to prepare and celebrate the sacraments will be offered twice a year (Fall/Winter 2022 or Winter/Spring 2023).
- Sessions will be offered online for parents in small group formats (6 weeks) each semester (3 weeks per sacrament). Families will have the opportunity to register for EITHER the Fall/Winter OR the Winter/Spring sessions.
- Parents will attend faith formation sessions online to help guide their children’s learning and grow the faith of the family at home. The attendance of at least one parent will be required.
- Parents will be responsible for helping to prepare with the help of video sessions and materials provided. Don’t worry; it will be fun!
- To help offset costs for Resource Materials there is a registration fee of $50 that can be paid via e-transfer email@example.com (please note: First Communion and child’s name)
- Parents are encouraged to participate in the Alpha Course at Holy Family Parish in either the fall or winter. https://lucannorthwestlondoncatholic.ca/alpha/
Our online registration is now open! Please complete the form below.
Sacramental Preparation Coordinator
519-472-0057 ext. 266
Come back to the Catholic Church
Let us help you.