We invite young people to a life infused with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Confirmation is often reduced to a cultural, coming of age celebration; an experience regularly overshadowed by Grade 8 Graduations. What if Confirmation could be more than that? We provide families with the opportunity to discover who the Holy Spirit is as you journey together through the preparation for Confirmation.
Winter/Spring Preparations for the Sacrament of Confirmation begin the week of January 17th, 2022 .
Registration for the Winter/Spring sessions is now closed, please contact Lisa Wright, email@example.com .
Contact Lisa Wright, Sacramental Preparation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-472-0057, x266
Confirmation Preparation – 2021 / 2022
Holy Family Parish is excited to invite all young people who are preparing for the sacrament of Confirmation, along with their parents, into a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ! Confirmation affords our young people the opportunity to have a profound encounter with the person of the Holy Spirit just as they are discovering who they are and who they want to become. However, Confirmation is often reduced to a cultural, coming-of-age celebration; an experience regularly overshadowed by their Grade 8 Graduation at the end of the year. What if Confirmation could be more than that? What if Confirmation was the moment everything changed and their lives became infused by the power of the Holy Spirit?!
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”~ Acts 1:8
We want our young people to have lives that are filled with the Holy Spirit and we desire the same for their parents. Your Confirmation may have been long ago, but, it is not too late to re-connect with the Holy Spirit who is alive in your heart. We hope to provide your family with the opportunity to discover who the Holy Spirit is as you journey together this year.
Confirmation preparation for the 2021-2022 season:
- Opportunities to prepare and celebrate Confirmation will be offered twice a year (Fall/Winter 2021 and Winter/Spring 2022).
- We will be using DECISION point by Dynamic Catholic along with additional varied resources for Confirmation preparation
- There will be 6 consecutive weekly preparation sessions offered ONLINE each semester
- A choice of which online small group session (day of the week) to attend based on availability.
- Parent(s) and children will attend all the sessions together online and participate in the same groups for discussion. The attendance of at least one parent will be required.
- Parent(s) will be responsible for facilitating at-home sessions with their child
- The Candidates will have an opportunity to experience Eucharistic Adoration and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (refer to schedule for dates)
- To help offset costs with programs, Zoom accounts, and materials there is a registration fee of $25.00. This can be paid via e-transfer or parish giving through Pllenty at https://dol-holyfamily.pllenty.com/#/
- We encourage parents to participate in Alpha at Holy Family Parish in either the fall or winter sessions. Register online https://lucannorthwestlondoncatholic.ca/alpha/
Fall 2021 Semester (Parent & Child)
Winter 2022 Semester (Parent & Child)
- Session 1: Week of October 18th
- Session 2: Week of October 25th
- Session 3: Week of November 1st
- Session 4: Week of November 8th
- Session 5: Week of November 15th
- Session 6: Week of November 22nd
- Adoration & Sacrament of Reconciliation ~ Nov. 27th
- Celebrations of Confirmation ~ Dec. 7th, Dec. 9th, Dec. 14th, Dec. 15th
- Session 1: Week of January 17th
- Session 2: Week of January 24th
- Session 3: Week of January 31st
- Session 4: Week of February 7th
- Session 5: Week of February 14th
- Session 6: Week of February 21st
- Adoration & Sacrament of Reconciliation ~ March 5th
- Celebrations of Confirmation ~ Mar. 8th, Mar. 9th, Mar. 10th, Mar. 22nd, Mar. 23rd
Winter/Spring sessions begin the week of January 17th,
Register by December 10th, 2021.
*For those seeking the sacrament of Confirmation who are over the age of 16 yrs, please contact Lisa.
For further inquiries, please contact Lisa: