We invite young people to a life infused with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
“Faith is God’s gift, received in Baptism, and not our own work, yet parents are the means that God uses for it to grow and develop” (Pope Francis, Amoris Lætitia, 287)
Through preparing for Confirmation, we want our young people to have lives that are filled with the Holy Spirit and we desire the same for their parents. For parents, their Confirmation may have been long ago, but we know that it is never too late to re-kindle that fire of the Holy Spirit who is alive in our hearts. We hope to provide families with that opportunity to rediscover who the Holy Spirit is as they journey in faith as a family.
Below you will find our dates for parent meetings in the Fall, which will be hosted at both St. Patrick, Lucan and Holy Family, London to accommodate the needs of our families.
please contact Lisa Wright for more information: email@example.com
Online registration for Winter 2023 Confirmation is now open! Please see registration form below.
Contact Lisa Wright, Sacramental Preparation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-472-0057, x266
Confirmation 2022/2023 (Those in Grades 8 – 12)
St. Patrick Lucan and Holy Family Parish are excited to invite all young people who are preparing for the sacrament of Confirmation, along with their parents, into a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ! Confirmation affords our young people the opportunity to have a profound encounter with the person of the Holy Spirit just as they are discovering who they are and who they want to become. What if Confirmation was the moment everything changed and their lives became infused by the power of the Holy Spirit?! We want our young people to have lives that are filled with the Holy Spirit and we desire the same for their parents. Your Confirmation may have been long ago, but, it is not too late to re-connect with the Holy Spirit who is alive in your heart. We hope to provide your family with the opportunity to discover who the Holy Spirit is as you journey together this year.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”~ Acts 1:8
2022 / 2023 Schedule for Confirmation Preparation (Fall Registration is now closed)
Confirmation preparation for the 2022-2023 season:
- Opportunities to prepare and celebrate Confirmation will be offered twice a year (Fall/Winter 2022 and Winter/Spring 2023). Fall Registration closes October 5th.
- We will be using DECISION point by Dynamic Catholic along with additional varied resources for Confirmation preparation.
- There will be 7 consecutive weekly preparation sessions offered ONLINE each semester.
- A choice of which online small group session (day of the week) to attend based on availability.
- Parent(s) and child will attend all the sessions together online and participate in the same groups for discussion. The attendance of at least one parent will be required.
- Parent(s) to encourage the at-home study with their child.
- The Candidates will have an opportunity to come in person for a retreat to experience Eucharistic Adoration and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (refer to schedule for dates).
- To help offset costs with programs, materials, etc., there is a registration fee of $50.00. This can be paid via e-transfer email@example.com (please note: Confirmation and name of child).
- We encourage parents to participate in the Alpha Course at Holy Family Parish in either the fall or winter sessions. Register online https://lucannorthwestlondoncatholic.ca/alpha/.
Our online Registration is now open! Please fill out the form below: